Monday, June 1, 2009

What's a good homemade summer time gift?


I was just recently asked," What's a good summer time gift?" When I think of summer, I think of watermelon. It's the official summer time fruit! These hand painted watermelon flower pots are really cute and very easy to paint. What a great gift to give someone for a housewarming or a hostess gift? In fact, my children painted these for their grandmas for Mother's Day. Both Grandmothers LOVED them! You can add whatever flowers you like to the pots. I'm a petunia girl so I made sure to put those in, but I also added some marigolds and some ivy as well.

What did you think about this project or any others! Did you try this project? Show us pictures!!!
Sometimes it's hard to find art supplies in some areas.

Click on the TERRA COTTA Pots 8" SET to purchase pots for painting. If you are looking for paints click Basic Set Acrylic Paints to be able to purchase paints and painting supplies. I get a lot of my art supplies from Dick Blick Art Materials .They ship supplies very quickly and the operators/order takers are very polite and nice to work with.

Here are a few more ideas for painting terra cotta pots:

102 Terra Cotta Projects: Pretty & Practical, Whimsical & Wonderful Ideas for Terra Cotta Pots of All Sizes!


Painting and Decorating Clay Pots: 117 Step-by-Step Projects for Making People, Animals, and Fantasy Characters on Terra-Cotta Pots


Painting and Decorating Clay Pots : 150 Step-by-Step Projects for Making People, Animals, and Fantasy Characters from Terra-Cotta Pots
Once you start painting you may find it very adictive!! Have fun!

No comments: