Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Homemade Camping gift idea.

It's camping season again and that mean mosquitos! I have instructions on how to make homemade citronella candles for any outdoor activity where pests may be a problem. I hate spraying myself full of stinky bug spray especially while camping because showers aren't always easy to take before we go to bed. I hate the mosquito spray smell and feeling on my skin. Yuck! I am making a bunch of these to take camping with us 4th of July weekend. I will be sure to make plenty of candles because it's always good to share. You can buy Yaley Soy Wax 1 lb through a place called CreateForLess
I like soy wax because it burns cleaner and it also burns straight to the bottom of the jar. You can also get Candle Wick with Wire Core and the Citronella Oil I found at a place called SHOP.COM Good Luck and here's to summer! Don't forget to check in at The Best Homemade Gift Ideas website for new homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas as well as more homemade summer gift ideas!

2 comments:

mrbaxteria said...

Interesting blog. Keep it up.

Christmas Gifts said...

I love all of these ideas. I have a great tray to do a practice one, and was hoping to make some as gifts if it turns out well, Yours is a nice blog. Liked it!!!