Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just for today


Just For Today...

  
Buy at Art.com
I had one of those days today where I didn't want to go to school. All I wanted to do is stay home, bake cookies, clean my house and do the laundry. Now, many people may think that sounds like crazy talk. Wanting to do chores around the house? I have been loving the weekends when our family doesn't have anything going on. Now that doesn't happen very often either. There always seems to be a sport to run a kid to, or girl or boy scout activities or birthday parties or whatever... Staying home for us is NOT the norm.
Totsy
I sat in my car this morning thinking about all the duties of the day and listening to the comedian on the radio. As I laughed I started to think about the kids that I would see today and how I needed to be on my game. I thought, just for today I will try to make a student smile, no maybe I will make them laugh. I know laughing and listening to a good comedian on my way to work certainly puts me in a good mood. I will find that one kid that needs someone to show them a little extra care. I will compliment them on their outfit and notice how hard they are working today. Just for today I will make a difference because I can.

How are you going to make a difference today?
How are you going to impact someone else's life today?

No comments: