Friday, May 8, 2009

How do you find great artists and new craft work?

One of my wonderful readers e mailed me today asking," Brenda, where do you find all the great artists and craft work for the interviews in your newsletters?"

As an art teacher I am always looking for fun projects to do with my students. I go to art fairs, exhibits, do internet research and just plain e mail artists asking "How do you do that?"
Most artists love to share and talk about what they do and how they do it. I have been very fortunate to meet some wonderful people who are very knowledgeable in all different areas of art, from doll making to mosaics. Well done art and craft make cherished gifts.

Thank you to all of those who I have talked to and learned from. To those artists and crafters I haven't met yet, I look forward to it!
For past artist and crafter interviews go to e zine archives.

Looking to try a new art or craft? Remember, everyone was a beginner once. Teaching yourself how to make things isn't hard. I do it all the time. I read books, watch videos and ask questions of people who already do what I want to learn.


No comments: